Biosecurity Awards terms and conditions of entry
The fine print
By entering the New Zealand Biosecurity Awards 2023 (“the Awards”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is the organiser of these Awards.
Read all the rules before entering
If you do not comply with these terms and conditions, your entry may be disqualified or your Award may be forfeited.
- The Awards are open to groups, organisations, schools, industry, individuals, whanau, hapū, iwi, government agencies and councils.
- Your entry submission must be true and factually correct. You take full responsibility for the content of your submission or nomination.
- To enter the Awards you must complete an online entry registration, selecting the Award category you wish to enter.
- If you are completing an online entry on behalf of someone else you must have the prior consent of the entrant.
- You may apply to enter up to two categories but you must submit a separate entry registration for each category. Each entry must meet the category criteria and be tailored to each category.
- Your entry submission must relate to a programme/project that was started, carried out or completed over the past 18 months (that is, since January 2022).
- Entry for the New Zealand Biosecurity AsureQuality Emerging Leader Award and the Minister’s Award are by nomination only.
- If you are submitting a nomination for the New Zealand Biosecurity AsureQuality Emerging Leader Award or the Minister’s Award, you must have the prior consent of the nominee.
- If you have entered the New Zealand Biosecurity Awards in previous years, you can resubmit your previous entry providing it complies with these terms and conditions and highlights work since your last entry.
- Entry submissions open on Monday 19 June 2023 and close on Monday 31 July 2023 at 5pm (NZST). Finalists will be announced in October 2023 and the winners announced at the Awards event in Auckland on Monday 27 November 2023.
- There is no cost to submit an entry into the Awards. All travel related costs to attend the ceremony to announce the Award winners will be at the expense of the finalists, with the exception of a representative in the Community and Kura (School) Awards categories which MPI will cover.
- Where the entry is submitted by a team, the team must identify one person on the entry form as its representative. The representative must have authority to act on behalf of the team and will be the contact person for all communication with MPI.
- You agree to provide imagery to support your entry in the format requested by MPI.
- You agree to participate in any media, marketing and promotional activities associated with the Awards and the Awards ceremony, including photography and filming of the Awards ceremony, and you agree that these may be used by MPI for promotional and media purposes. Any such use will be entirely at the discretion of MPI.
- You agree to give MPI one week’s notice in writing if you, or a representative from your entry, are unable to attend the Awards ceremony.
- Awards judges cannot enter or be nominated in any category.
- If any Awards judge has a conflict of interest regarding any entry, that judge will not judge the category in which that entry is entered and scores for that category will be aggregated. MPI will decide whether there is a conflict of interest, its decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Sponsors are not privy to your entry submissions, judges’ decisions or the final results. Therefore, being a sponsor does not, in itself, create a conflict of interest.
- MPI reserves the right to cancel the Awards programme or any Award category, or to amend these terms and conditions, without prior notice.
- You (individual or organisation) must not be under investigation by any New Zealand or international statutory body (for example, Accident Compensation Corporation, New Zealand Police, Health and Disability Commission, Inland Revenue Department, Immigration, WorkSafe NZ or other).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the Courts of New Zealand will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Privacy – MPI may collect personal information from you (such as your name, home/business address and email) for the purpose of facilitating your participation in the Awards, and for event management. It may be provided to other event-related organisations or entities (such as other event participants, event sponsors/partners and event contractors) for the purpose of event management or MPI may use it to contact you in the future for purposes relating to the Awards. If you wish to opt out of your information being shared with event sponsors then you must advise us by email to the address below.