Biosecurity Business Pledge
The Biosecurity Business Pledge is a partnership that aims to help all New Zealand businesses take a proactive approach to their biosecurity practices.
Developed by business to provide a framework for managing the risk of unwanted pests and diseases (plant or animal) disrupting individual businesses or even whole sectors.
This framework for action makes biosecurity a core part of operational activity and assists businesses to meet their corporate and social responsibilities.
Taking a proactive approach is not only good for your individual business or sector, but helps protect our economy, unique natural environment and our way of life.
Join today to access a range of practical hands on learning sessions such as our members forums and online seminars where your peers and other industry leaders will share their biosecurity practices. Biosecurity New Zealand supports the Pledge and the senior team share latest insights in the pre-border, border and post-border working environment.Biosecurity Business Pledge [PDF 1.6MB] How to join the pledge
The pledge made by participating businesses
Businesses pledge to play their part in the efforts to prevent pests and diseases from getting into New Zealand, or helping to stop their spread if they do get here.
Businesses commit to being an active part of New Zealand's biosecurity team of all New Zealanders by integrating proactive biosecurity practices into their operations and supply chains.
- actively seek to understand and manage the biosecurity considerations associated with their business activities
- promote a culture of proactive biosecurity management within their operations, across their business, around their board tables, and across their teams
- incorporate biosecurity into their procurement policies that guide the selection of goods, travel, logistics, and service providers
- take opportunities to support their customers, staff, suppliers and stakeholders to understand the importance of biosecurity and what good biosecurity practice looks like
- approach biosecurity with the views that it is everyone's responsibility, that risk is best managed offshore, and that they will actively engage with the Biosecurity New Zealand to support better biosecurity outcomes for New Zealand.
Join leading businesses today to better protect New Zealand’s natural environment, lifestyle and livelihoods.
Steering group members
Meet the leaders from business and industry who are part of our steering group
News, stories and case studies
Read about the different businesses doing their bit for biosecurity across the country
Key event dates
Thursday 9 December 2021
- Members webinar: Biosecurity Business Pledge Insights Report
Debbie Teale who led the review will talk through the review, her insights and recommendations.
News and stories
Protecting Lyttleton Harbour from Mediterranean fanworm
Lyttleton Port Company are committed to taking immediate action in high-risk locations to stop the spread and reduce the populations of fanworm in the inner harbour.
Making a difference in your own backyard
Elite Pest and Insect Control (EPIC) are a small business making a big difference in their backyard.