Calling all biosecurity champions
It takes all of us to protect what we've got but there are a few champions worth celebrating.
The New Zealand Biosecurity Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions to protecting our country. It's our way of celebrating people and organisations across New Zealand who are contributing to New Zealand's biosecurity – in our communities, businesses, iwi and hapū, universities and in government.
Entries have closed for the 2019 New Zealand Biosecurity Awards
We have received some really high calibre entries. It's now over to the judges.
Finalists will be announced on 24 September 2019.
|18 June 2019||Entries opened|
|24 July 2019||Entries closed|
|24 September 2019||Finalists announced and dinner tickets on sale|
|4 November 2019||Winners announced at the Awards dinner in Auckland|
2019 Award categories
There are nine New Zealand Biosecurity Award categories in 2019. All category winners are eligible for the
New Zealand Biosecurity Supreme Award.
- DOC Community Pihinga Award – for new projects/initiatives
- DOC Community Kahiwi Award – for established projects/initiatives
- Te Puni Kōkiri Māori Award
- GIA Industry Award
- Eagle Technology Local and Central Government Award
- Bio-Protection Research Centre Science Award
- Mondiale Innovation Award
- AsureQuality Emerging Leader Award – Nomination only
- Minister’s Biosecurity Award – Nomination only
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the Awards, please contact Biosecurity.Awards@mpi.govt.nz