Calling all biosecurity champions - entries are now open
It takes all of us to protect what we've got but there are a few champions worth celebrating – could this be you?
The New Zealand Biosecurity Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions to protecting our country. It's our way of celebrating people and organisations across New Zealand who are contributing to New Zealand's biosecurity – in our communities, schools, businesses, Māori organisations and iwi, universities, councils and in government.
Tips for writing a great entry
Dr John Hellstrom, Chair of the Biosecurity Awards judging panel, has shared some tips to writing a great entry:
- Tell us about your organisation, project, initiative – who is involved, what you have been doing and most importantly why and how it does it support biosecurity in New Zealand
- Tell us what you have achieved and how you measure success
- Tell us if you are partnering or collaborating with Māori or how your project has taken account of Māori interests and the impact this has had
- Share the challenges or things that haven’t worked as this gives judges a perspective on how you deal with setbacks
- Judges can only evaluate on the information you give us so be full in telling your story in your application – make the most of the full word allocation.
- 30 July 2020 - entries close
- 23 September 2020 - finalists announced
- 2 November 2020 - winners announced